Friday, April 29, 2011

The Bathroom Diaries

The bathroom when we started.
The bathroom was the first major overhaul we tackled.  The sub floor was rotted through in places, the fixtures were GROSS, the vanity and cabinets were falling apart...etc. So, I gutted it and started over.


Dry rot under the toilet. I replaced the entire sub floor.
More dry rot. Or, since it's a bathroom, is it really "wet rot"?  I guess I'm not for sure, but it's all gone now
Yuck.  Enough said.
The tub surround.  This is the water-proof coating required before the tile.

The new tub and studs for the privacy wall for the toilet.
The new tile wall.  The white tiles are 4*4, the brown tiles are a 1*1 mosaic.



The vanity I built.  I had no idea how nice two sinks would be until we started using these.  Very nice.  I highly recommend them.

No comments:

Post a Comment